Managing Director Europe
As Managing Director Europe, Andoni has overall responsibility for origination, operations, and asset management in Europe.
Andoni brings over eighteen years of experience in the power & renewables energy infrastructure segment with more than 5GW projects undertaken, between structuring, origination, development, execution and M&A across Latin-American and EMEA markets.
Prior to Sunco Capital, Andoni has been the CEO of Infrared Iberia Holdings (Iberian subsidiary of InfraRed Capital Partners (Fund V 1,2B$), leading and structuring the company activities & portfolio of >1,5GW solar projects in Spain & Portugal.
From 2007 to 2019, Andoni has held senior management roles as Head of Iberia for Trina Solar (ISBU), Head of Tendering EMEA for Canadian Solar (Energy Group), Isolux Corsán (Energy Director Middle East & Africa) and Solar Energy Leader for GE Energy.
Andoni started his career in the energy segment in 2003 and contributes with 15 years experience in the renewables field, supported by an electrical engineering and business administration background through the UPCT of Cartagena.
- > 18 years of experience in the energy sector.
- 5GW renewable projects originated, structured and developed globally from Greenfield to Ready-to-Build
- Managed execution and operation of 2GW solar & wind assets globally.
- Over 2B$ projects transacted trough M&A activities.
- Originated, structured and closed one of the biggest bilateral PPA of 346MW in Spain in 2019
- Awarded with more than 1,5GW solar projects within EMEA and LATAM region through international tenders and +600MWp through corporate PPA´s..
- Financial close of 34MWp Solar PV plant in Kayenta (Biggest US- Navajo Community project – 80 Mill USD in 2016)