Chief Executive Officer
Tony Artiga has been CEO of Sunco since 2015.
- Before undertaking his role as CEO, Tony worked as Director of Structured Finance for Sunco, leading the funding process of Sunco’s projects around the globe, including solar PV projects in Indonesia, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Guatemala and Honduras.
- He has also formed part of the M&A Team of RBS in London, gaining experience in cross border M&A transactions, deal negotiation, process and financial structuring in the energy sector.
- Tony holds a BA and Master’s degree in Business Administration & Finance from ESADE.
Chief Investment Officer
Fernando R. Vila has been Chief Investment Officer at Sunco since 2015.
- Before joining Sunco’s team, Fernando was a Co-Founding Partner of Prax Capital Management, a Private Equity firm located in Shanghai, successfully investing more than $850M in Growth Capital and Real Estate projects in China between 2004 and 2015.
- Before Prax, Fernando managed a construction and decoration materials distribution company located in Miami for 20 years, and previously worked as a CPA Auditor with Peat Marwick Mitchell (today KPMG) in Miami.
- Fernando holds a BA in Economy and an MBA in Accounting from Florida Atlantic University.
José Pérez Francés
Jose Pérez Francés has been Managing Director at Sunco Capital since 2017.
- Before joining Sunco’s team, Jose served in various senior management roles such as President of Sunedison/Terraform Global Asset Management (3/15-12/15), a globally diversified owner of clean power generation assets, developing more than 2GW in renewable energy assets.
- Prior to that, Jose was President at Sunedison EMEA/LATAM (12/13-3/15), becoming a pioneer in development, construction and O&M of utility-scale renewable energy plants in LATAM, driving growth aggressively in GW built, and a pipeline by more than 300%.
- Jose also served in various senior finance positions at EMI Music and NBC Universal at regional and global level.
- Jose has a degree in Economics and Business Administration by Catholic University of Deusto (Spain).
Juan Manuel Morante
Chief Financial Officer
Juan Manuel Morante has been Chief Financial Officer at Sunco since 2010.
- Before joining Sunco’s team, he was Assistant to the Managing Director of the Housing Agency in Catalonia and Finance and Administration Officer in various companies.
- Juan Manuel has experience in Corporate Debt issues via the CNMV (€75/95/120M), as well as in the bank financing of a consolidated group with €1.2B balance sheet.
- Juan Manuel holds a B.S. in Business Sciences, MSc in Financial Management and Management Control, MSc in Town Planning and Real Estate Management, and the Executive Development Program (PDD) from IESE.
Chief Operations Officer
Oscar Ribas has been Chief Operations Officer at Sunco since 2010.
- Before joining Sunco’s team, Oscar worked for FERSA as a solar and biomass Project Director where he designed and developed 185MWp of renewable energy plants including photovoltaic, biomass and wind technologies.
- While at Sunco, he led the construction, O&M and development of 253 MWp in renewable energy plants in Spain, Honduras, Indonesia, Italy, Rwanda and India, including photovoltaic, biomass and wind technologies.
- Oscar holds an Industrial Engineering MSc at UPC as well as an MBA from ESADE.
José Delgado García
Project Development Director
José Delgado has been Project Development Director of Sunco since 2015.
- Before joining Sunco’s team, José was the Chief Projects Officer at Nervus Energy.
- José has experience in the full implementation of 300MW of solar thermal projects, managing international tenders for Build, Own and Operate (BOO) projects as well as turnkey (EPC) projects in Jordan, Cyprus, Chile, South Africa and Morocco.
- José holds a BSc in Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering, from Antonio de Nebrija University, BSc in Industrial Technical Engineering from Alcalá University, MSc in Renewable Energies from CEU San Pablo, and an MBA from Antonio de Nebrija University.